Pre-Trip Preparatory Materials
You’ve been selected to be a member of one of the global health trips… now what?
Trip Leaders please be sure to share with your third year participants that they MUST schedule a Family Medicine or Pediatrics (limit 2) rotation during Spring Break. Students CANNOT take Neurology during Spring Break and go on a trip! If you are a third year and unsure what rotation you should be on during Spring Break so you can go on the trips, please contact Shawn Murphy firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. DeVos email@example.com and they will help you track down correct information.
- Read the2017-18 Participants Trip Manual
- (STUDENTS ONLY) Complete the following Unite for Sight Global Health University Courses (each takes about 30 minutes):
Provide the following information to your group leader:
- Copy of your Passport ( photo page and information page only)
- Completed Emergency Contact Information
- CISI Insurance Registration Information
- Attend all scheduled noontime pre-trip conferences. Dates will be provided.
- You must register with the International Center. This is mandatory http://www.ufic.ufl.edu/travelregistration.html
- Global Health Education 2017-18 Trip Manual
- ALL TRIP LEADERS MUST READ AND FOLLOW THE MANUAL
- The Manual contains detailed instructions on your responsibilities for managing the:
- Trip Websites
- Handling Money, Reimbursements, Fund Balances
- Travel Authorization, Travel planning for the trips, CISI insurance, etc.
- Tax deductible donations
- Mailings, Merchandise Sales, Silent Auctions
- Provide a complete TeamAssist Emergency Assistance Program spreadsheet to the office for your trip. Please fill out the CISI Spreadsheet template with the required information for all trip participants (all students, faculty, and other participants).
- The cost of the CISI insurance is $20 per month per person outside the country per participant. The insurance is mandatory. The CISI insurance is purchased through the International Center. Submit the CISI Enrollment Form and one check per trip to the Office of Global Health.
- Provide the office with a detailed itinerary of your trip. The itinerary will need to be reviewed and approved by your faculty advisor and by Susanne Hill prior to it becoming final. Information to include:
- Name of Trip
- Dates of Trip
- Information concerning your transportation to the airport and back to Gainesville.Flight Info (Departure and Arrival)
- Hotel Information/ Accommodations
- Day by day itinerary …..Where are you staying? What are you doing?
- In country contact name and phone number