You’ve been selected to be a member of one of the global health trips… now what?
- Read the 2018-19 Trip Manual
- (STUDENTS ONLY) Complete the following EdEx pre-departure training:
The Practitioner’s Guide to Global Health
You do not need to pay for the course! Just enroll and take the free training.
- Part 1 (The Big Picture)
- Part 2 (Preparation and on the Ground)
Provide the following information to your group leader:
- Copy of your Passport ( photo page and information page only)
- Completed Emergency Contact Information
- CISI Insurance Registration Information
- Attend all scheduled noontime pre-trip conferences. Dates will be provided.
- You must register with the UF International Center. This is mandatory !
- ALL TRIP LEADERS MUST READ AND FOLLOW THE MANUAL 2018-19 Trip Manual
- The Manual contains detailed instructions on your responsibilities for managing the:
- Trip Websites
- Handling Money, Reimbursements, Fund Balances
- Travel Authorization, Travel planning for the trips, CISI insurance, etc.
- Tax deductible donations
- Mailings, Merchandise Sales, Silent Auctions
- Provide a complete CISI spreadsheet to the office for your trip and be sure to complete your itenrary information with contacts details for your in-country host. Please fill out the CISI Spreadsheet template with the required information for all trip participants and be sure to forward a completed copy to Susanne Hill (all students, faculty, and other participants).
- The cost of the CISI insurance changes regularly so please refer to the UF International Center site for pricing details. Travel registration and CISI are mandatory. The CISI insurance is purchased through the International Center. Submit the CISI Enrollment Form and one check per trip to the Office of Global Health.
- Provide the office with a detailed itinerary of your trip. The itinerary will need to be reviewed and approved by your faculty advisor and by Susanne Hill prior to it becoming final. Information to include:
- Name of Trip
- Dates of Trip
- Information concerning your transportation to the airport and back to Gainesville.Flight Info (Departure and Arrival)
- Hotel Information/ Accommodations
- Day by day itinerary …..Where are you staying? What are you doing?
- In country contact name and phone number
Educational PowerPoints of what to expect when treating international patients.